The blogging industry is changing daily, which calls for action by bloggers. You probably know all the steps involved in starting up in this field, like the tools and services for blogging, how to create excellent blogs, and the tips/tricks for getting traffic to your content.
But that is not all you should consider – given that there as numerous bloggers and blogging websites, the competition can be stiff.
So, choosing a niche that will be profitable and has low competition is advantageous. How can you find such an area of interest? What strategies can you use to find trending topics to enhance your activities?
This guide discusses the best niches for blogging with low competition and considers the practices for discovering them.
What Is a Blogging Niche?
A blog niche is particular topic bloggers write (or create other kinds of content). And one of the most crucial steps in starting and growing a successful blog is niche selection. Blogging niches let you narrow down your audience and craft helpful blog content that your audience will love.
For some people, choosing a blog niche is one of the challenging parts of their blogging journey. My first blog failed miserably, mainly because of niche selection. The niche is too small and very competitive.
Picking a niche with low competition makes it easier to grow your blog because it will help you focus on a specific audience and type of content. A blogger with a niche will generally do better than bloggers without a niche.
How To Find Profitable Niches With Low Competition
First, let’s consider ways to help you identify the best niches that will pose less competition and hinder your journey to making money online through blogging. Here are some of them:
- Use Google Trends to discover niches. Google Trends is a tool that enables you to find evergreen niches and new trending topics.
- It helps you discover niches with low competition and offers you the opportunity to predict the popularity of a topic for future marketing campaigns.
- It assists you in knowing how search queries and topics developed in popularity over time.
- Look for monetization opportunities within a niche. To get a profitable niche with low competition, choose one with numerous monetization opportunities. This can aid you in increasing your profitability and potential earnings.
- List the various monetization methods you can get on other websites that prosper in the niche.
- Make a record of all affiliate programs available in that niche and find the type of commissions common in that sector.
- Research your competitors. Competitor research is a critical step in finding niches with low competition. It helps you determine the competitive sector and your probability of making money. Find out who they are, what topics they address, their demographics, and which content marketing styles they adopt.
- Could your blog outrank them?
- Is it worth spending time and resources to compete with them?
- Keywords and niches with high competition usually take longer to rank; thus, it’s essential to research for niches with some competition but not entirely overcrowded.
- Research possible traffic sources. Find out what traffic potential is available for a niche before deciding if it’s worth your time or not.
- What topics do people like to search for more? How likely are they to visit websites with such content?
- Check the top websites and social channels in that niche and determine what traffic sources they use.
- Get to know how much traffic comes from paid advertising or natural/organic traffic.
- Try out your passion. What would you like to write about? Your passion could be your USP (Unique Selling Point); to succeed in any niche, you need to have a USP. So, know how you will distinguish yourself from the competition?
- Utilize your strengths when doing your work.
- For example, you can create content on a topic you love, making it memorable, unique, and engaging. Doing that can also set you apart from your competitors.
Choosing the Best Niche
Let’s now consider the best blog niche ideas you can choose that are highly sought and profitable. Below is a list of the niches:
This is an area with a wide coverage of micro-niches and macro-niches. People love searching for ideas of what to cook and how to do so. If you can write about food and recipe, you can be sure you’ll make good money.
If you have experience in cooking, try a food blog. While you can find competition because several other professional chefs and ordinary people blog about food, if you make the content unique, it will gain traffic.
To succeed in this niche, try and narrow it to a specific target (do micro-niching). It will open opportunities for great niches with low competition.
For instance, instead of writing about “how to cook pilau,” try to engage people with a micro-niche topic like “what ingredients used in making pilau can do to them.” Yes, be as creative as possible to stand out.
2- Online Money Making
Today, people have become more online-oriented than ever before, thanks to technology. As jobs continue to get scarce daily, they need alternative ways to earn, and that’s what online money-making can do for them. Take up this blogging niche and educate people on making money online, full-time or part-time.
Write to them about how YouTube can help them get extra cash, what to do with social media platforms to earn, and the available freelancing platforms to use. This is a highly profitable niche, but still with low competition.
3- Finance and Investment
Writing about this niche can also give someone good money. Personal finance blogs can pay well and has low competition since many people don’t have a high level of understanding and knowledge about it.
Are you familiar with the finance and investment sector? Why not get into this untapped niche that is less saturated and make a living with your blog?
Remember, people, desire to know how to save money, make proper decisions, and invest. So, writing blogs that answer such questions for them can help you get more traffic and earnings.
4- Travelling and Adventure
Have you ever seen those videos on YouTube with topics like, “15 best cities/countries/places to visit in the world?” I’m sure you have watched numerous of those and seen how much they are viewed.
Travel blogs are highly profitable and less competitive because composing them requires effort and money.
People like traveling and touring various places, but before doing so, they need a guide about such places. Writing about some of those places to visit and things to do can earn you more web visitors.
If you can’t travel far to learn about other areas/countries, write about everything you know about your city, state, or country. People are willing to spend time reading about them and leave their homes to visit those places!
5- Family Life
Most bloggers assume this sector and rush to venture into technology, fashion, style, or other technical niches. But that should be to your advantage as it’s left less competitive yet high on demand.
Most people want a happy and smooth family life and can do all it takes to achieve that, even if it means reading long-pages books & publications. Thus, why not write about marriage life and parenting?
If you are married or are a parent, you can write about how mons and dads can raise their children well, how they can strengthen their union, what to do when problems arise in the family, etc. This niche can help you focus on providing useful content for families while making money.
6- Health and Fitness
We all want to live better lives and be physically and mentally healthy. And that’s why health & wellness blogs provide a great room for you as a blogger.
If you’re a health expert with the relevant credentials, you can teach people how to live healthily. This niche contains numerous topics one can write about, from dieting, mental health advice, physical wellbeing, illnesses, side effects, and treatment.
Depending on which topics you choose to focus on, this is a niche that can help you make money and feel the satisfaction of teaching others too.
7- Technology and Gaming
Every day, we witness technological advancements taking place in the world today. The technology industry will always be a hot cake for bloggers. It’s highly profitable and has low competition since writing about topics related to it is technical.
You can choose to create blogs about electronic gadgets, software & applications, new inventions like machines, and platforms – the micro-niches are endless.
Also, make money blogging about gaming and informing your audience about the latest, best, and most enjoyable games to play.
Many, especially the young ones, will enjoy such material. You can also create tutorials to show people how to use some products based on technology.
8- Digital Marketing
Blogging about digital marketing is great, just like personal finance, and advertisers are happy to pay up. The niche encompasses many strategies: SEO (search engine optimization), social media promotions, email, and influencer marketing.
More online businesses also are looking for marketers to get more customers and increase their conversion rates.
You can write about digital marketing and educate businesses on strategies to achieve such targets. The niche is less competitive but very profitable. However, you should consider researching more about it before you proceed if it’s your first trial.
Blogging is here to stay as long as we can imagine. The more people join the industry to create numerous blogs that need high Google rankings, the higher the competition becomes. Let that not discourage you because you can still make money with your blogs.
Get to know which niches are perfect for you – those with low competition yet highly profitable. You may consider the list of niches above and be on the lookout for more. We wish you the best in the blogging journey!