Are you looking for the best country where you can earn a higher income after tax as an ex-pat? Or do you want an adventure, a better climate, or a change of scene?
Whether you are an ex-pat or just seeking new opportunities, making more money than in your home country is an excellent motivation to look abroad.
Fortunately, we make your work more accessible with a list of the best countries to work in and earn a higher income.
This article lists the best countries to earn more money depending on your disposable income. You can live your best life abroad if you have more disposable income. So, let’s dive in.
If you are considering starting a business in a foreign country, I wrote a whole article where I share the traits you need to start a business in a foreign country.
Best Countries to Work in the World
In the list below, I have compiled the best countries to work in the world. Most countries on this list are known as the land of opportunities, as they offer solid public healthcare, beautiful landscapes, an excellent education system, and unmatched job opportunities.
Here are the best countries to work and earn good money:
Canada is one of the best countries to lie and work. It is ranked second behind Germany for overall sustainability, entrepreneurship, cultural influence, economic influence, and quality of life.
Here is why Canada is best for earning money:
- Robust Economy: Canada has a strong and stable economy, with a low unemployment rate and numerous job opportunities. The country has excellent economic freedom with transparent and reliable public finances.
- High Wages: With a strong economy, you can expect high wages in the healthcare, technology, engineering, and finance sectors. Canada’s minimum wage is higher than in many other countries.
- Excellent Benefits: Employers in Canada typically offer generous benefits packages to their employees. As an ex-pat, you are entitled to various employee benefits, including healthcare, dental, vision, and retirement plans, helping you earn more money.
- Work-Life Balance: Canadian is one of the best countries to enjoy a good work-life balance. Many companies offer flexible schedules and paid time off for vacations, holidays, and sick days.
- Multiculturalism: Besides high income, you also need a welcoming community to enjoy your stay. And Canada is known for its diverse and gracious population, creating a rich cultural experience for workers. Furthermore, many workplaces in the country embrace diversity and inclusion policies for people from all backgrounds.
- Quality of Life: Canada has high standards of living, quality education, and excellent healthcare, making it an ideal country to work in.
According to worldwide rankings, Germany has one of the best life qualities. Why is Germany the best country to work abroad? Many job openings: Germany is one of the biggest economies in Europe, with over 700.00 jobs that need experts to fill. With proper skills and experience, you will secure a well-paying job in Germany.
- High Wages: Wages in Germany are generally high in sectors such as engineering, technology, and healthcare. Companies and organizations in Germany provide higher minimum wages to ensure workers are paid fairly.
- Education and Training: Even if you don’t have complete expertise in your area of specialization, you can take advantage of Germany’s education and training system to acquire the skills and knowledge needed in your career.
- Political Stability: Germany is politically stable, assuring ex-pats of their jobs. Once you get a high-paying job, you don’t have to worry about a possible coup. This stability leads to high economic growth and better pay.
- Strong Economy: Germany’s economy is one of the largest in Europe and the strongest in the world. A strong economy means numerous job opportunities and a stable working environment.
If you are looking for the best countries to earn money, Australia should be on your list. Its economy is booming and is attracting substantial foreign investment.
The unemployment rate in the country is considerably low, with a shortage of skilled workers. So, do you have technical skills? Here is why Australia is your next destination for a well-paying job:
- High Pay: While Australia’s cost of living is higher than the USA, the UK, and Ireland, the income in this country is also higher.
- Since it offers one of the best average wages worldwide, you can make good money working in Australia. In some sectors, you can get a one-week pay similar to a one-month salary in the UK/USA.
- Better Work Environment: Australia has an inviting work environment with an ideal work/life balance. Most jobs start from 9 and end at 5 and offer amazing perks. You will enjoy day-offs and paid holidays.
- The lifestyle: The Aussies are known for their laid-back lifestyle. They are friendly and relaxed people, which enhances creativity and the ability to earn more money.
- A chilled ambiance and great outdoor activities reduce anxiety and improve your health. So, if you want more than work, Australia provides it with all.
- Multicultural Society: Australia is one of the countries that accept immigrants worldwide. The resulting multicultural community makes it easy for new arrivals to integrate with others.
- You will get a good job and feel at home if you have a good personality and attitude.
Denmark is among the best countries to work in Europe and the world. Why do I say so? Consider some reasons for working in Denmark.
- Great Work-Life Balance: While the global average working hours is 44.3, Denmark has shorter average working hours of 39.7. You can only find this average if you are freelancing as an ex-pat in the country.
- High Salaries: Denmark supports its high cost of living with increased wages. It has one of the highest average salaries in the world. The average wage in Denmark is around DKK 45,000 per month for skilled workers.
- Robust Economy: It has one of the world’s highest per capita gross national products and a developed social system. You can get well-paying jobs in sectors such as trade and manufacturing.
- Social Welfare System: With a robust welfare system that provides free healthcare, education, and other social benefits to its citizens, Denmark is best for ex-pats to work. You’ll have more disposable income to spend on your needs and wants.
- Low Levels of Corruption: Denmark is ranked as one of the least corrupt countries in the world. This means that businesses and workers can operate in a stable and transparent environment, with fair and equal opportunities for everyone.
In 2019, HSBC Ex-pat Explorer Survey crowned Switzerland the best country to work in the world. Things haven’t changed much since then.
Here are reasons to work in Denmark.
- High Remuneration: Quartz reported that ex-pats and employees who move to Switzerland earn an average annual wage of about $100,000. That is a lot of money you can save from your salary for a better retirement.
- Low Taxes: Switzerland has a low tax system, meaning you can keep more earnings. The country also offers a range of tax incentives for foreign workers, making it an attractive destination for skilled professionals.
- Strong Financial Industry: Switzerland hosts many of the world’s largest banks and financial institutions. You can be sure of high-paying job opportunities in the financial sector.
- High Standard of Living: The country has excellent public transportation, high-quality healthcare, and a safe and clean environment. This makes it a desirable location for workers looking to earn money while enjoying a good quality of life.
6- The United States Of America
It is called the land of freedom for a reason. The United States is huge, with different companies in different states offering different remuneration packages. You will likely earn more in major cities like New York, Los Angeles, and San Francisco.
Why is the United States the best country to earn money?
- High Average Incomes: The United States has one of the highest average incomes in the world, giving many people the opportunity to earn more. However, the cost of living is also high in the country. You could supplement your current salary with other side hustles like print-on-demand.
- Good Education And Training: You can use the United States’ vocational schools and online courses to master your skills and earn more.
- Innovation And Technology: Since the US is a leader in innovation and technology, many companies are at the forefront of cutting-edge research and development. This creates opportunities for high-paying engineering, software development, and biotechnology jobs.
Which Country Is Best to Work In?
It is hard to pinpoint one country to work in because what is best for me may not be best for you. Nevertheless, I will recommend the following:
- Denmark, Norway, and Netherlands – best for work-life balance.
- Switzerland, the United States, and Singapore– best for compensation and benefits.
- Germany, Canada, and Sweden– best for job security and stability
- Australia, Canada, and the UK– best for diversity and inclusion
It all comes down to your personal preferences and circumstances.
Which Country is Easy to Make Money In?
We can’t say with certainty which country is easy to make money in because several factors like your education, work experience, your job market, and personal drive determine it.
However, if you are an expert in finance, technology, and healthcare, you can make money easily in the United States.
You can also start a business in countries like Switzerland, Australia, Canada, and the UK and make money.
Which Country is Best for Foreigners to Work In?
It depends on which job you are looking for. For example,
- Australia– Good for work exchanges
- Germany– Good for engineering jobs
- Denmark– Good for trainee jobs
- Switzerland– Excellent for seasonal work
What to read next:
- 6 Best Country In Europe to Make Money Faster!
- How Much Does It Cost To Start An Amazon KDP?
- Is a Kiosk The Same As a Vending Machine?
There you go with our list of best countries to work in the world. So, do you have the skills and expertise to make money abroad? Is your passport and work permit ready?
If yes, lots of opportunities await you. All the best in your journey. Which best country to work in that I did not mention?