Writing and publishing engaging blog posts that hook your readers to want more is hard work. Your content needs to be entertaining and easy to read to achieve satisfying results.
And editing tools can help you write concise articles to get your point to the reader in the most direct way.
Here is a list of the best grammar checker tools to improve the readability of your written words. If you are still wondering whether AI Writing Tools are Good For Bloggers, I wrote a whole article that I encourage you to read.
Best Grammar Checker Tools
- Grammarly: It helps you check to spell and suggest clarity, tone, and style of content,
- Hemingway: It is an excellent tool for context fix
- Ginger: It is great for proofreading and text on desktop and mobile devices
- ProWritingAid: It is good for correcting semantic errors, editing grammar, and optimizing word choice.
- QuillBot: It is excellent for paraphrasing
- After the Deadline: It is suitable for Websites.
- WhiteSmoke: It helps correct punctuation, spelling, style, and grammar mistakes.
- Language tool: It fixes spelling and grammar mistakes in over 20 languages
- Jetpack: It checks your WordPress text quality
These grammar checkers will make your texts error-free. That is why smart marketers, students, and freelance writers use grammar checker software to ensure their content is professional, SEO-friendly, and readable.
But which grammar tool suits your needs? We hear you asking and are going to help you figure it out. Let’s begin.
1- Grammarly: Our pick
Grammarly is the most popular and reliable grammar checker tool for anyone who wants to improve their writing. It is a proofreading tool that checks your content, identifies errors, and suggests corrections. Besides showing you mistakes, it also explains them to help you learn.
Furthermore, users can install the Grammarly cookie extension on their browsers, allowing them to make corrections as they write. This means you will spend less time polishing your work when editing.
Grammarly highlights errors in your:
- WordPress posts
- Google docs
- Social media posts
However, it is only used in the English language. You can choose
- British English
- American English
- Australian English
- Canadian English
Features of Grammarly
Correctness: You can catch missing punctuations, typos, or commonly confused words that affect your reader’s experience.
Tone Suggestions: This feature is available for free and premium versions. It guides you to adjust the attitude and mood of your writing while retaining the meaning.
Full-sentence rewrite: You can clean up hard-to-read sentences for clarity and readability.
Plagiarism detector: You ensure your content is original to avoid Google penalties and loss of marks for students.
Formatting suggestions: This feature ensures your emails and content are concise and readable.
Pros of Grammarly
- Simple and easy-to-understand user interface
- Flexibility within multiple platforms and formats- You can use web-based Grammarly, a desktop app, a web browser, add to Microsoft Word, or add to your mobile devices.
- Check plagiarism for documents of any length with Grammarly Premium.
Cons of Grammarly
- You need to upgrade to the premium version to access all the grammar checker benefits.
- Sometimes it is aggressive in suggesting errors, so don’t just accept a suggestion. You can alter the original meaning of a sentence.
- The pricing of Grammarly.
- You can test the free version of Grammarly to see how it works, but if you want full benefits, switch to the premium version.
Here is the pricing plan.
2- Hemingway Editor
The Hemingway Editor helps in checking your writing style and provides feedback to allow you write easy to read sentences.
This sentence quality checker aims at discarding unnecessary words from your writing. It is suitable for complex editing or checking your text’s punctuation, grammar, and semantic meaning.
Hemingway Editor helps freelance editors and blog owners improve the clarity of their work through simple sentence structures.
Features of Hemingway Editor
Highlighting complex sentences: the app shows you that a sentence is hard to read, allowing you to rewrite it or break it down to enhance its readability.
Adverb finder: It identifies adverbs in your text, and highlights them in blue, allowing you to replace them with strong verbs.
Passive voice finder: The grammar checker also flags passive voice and excessive use of certain verbs in your content to make them understandable.
Readability score: Hemingway grades your writing depending on its complexity. The lower the grade number, the better, making it accessible to everyone.
Synonym spotter: Hemingway will mark certain words in purple and suggest more straightforward options. If you move the cursor to those words, you will see a simpler suggestion above it.
Pros of Hemingway Editor
- Free online version
- The desktop version is inexpensive and helps you avoid online distractions
- It enables you to identify hard-to-read sentences you would catch on your own.
Cons of Hemingway Editor
- The app requires you to copy and paste your text before reviewing, and it doesn’t save your formatting.
- It doesn’t offer suggestions on how to fix complex sentences.
- It can make your writing more complex if you follow all its suggestions.
Like Grammarly, Ginger offers grammar checks but at a lower price. It highlights all grammatical errors in blue, such as sentence structure, punctuation, and style, and suggests how to fix them.
Ginger translates your writing into over 40 languages, allowing you to write in your native language and then translate it into your audience’s language.
Its free version corrects up to 350 characters at a time and in limited checks per month. But since it is an affordable tool, you can pay for a plan and use it to edit.
Alternatively, when you sign up for Ginger, you get a free and robust Google Chrome extension. This will allow you to access the Ginger Writer app, which works like Grammarly.
Features of Ginger
Grammar checker: This is good for non-native speakers since it examines the context to discern what the writer intends to say.
Sentence rephraser: Its AI tool allows you to rephrase your content. It also identifies hard-to-read sentences and suggests how to rephrase them. However, this feature is only available on the premium account.
Translator: We mentioned Ginger translates writings into over 40 languages, setting it apart from the competition like Grammarly. Furthermore, it helps you proofread the translated texts.
Spell checker: This tool corrects even severe spelling mistakes. It recognizes typos, misused words, and phonetic mistakes based on the context. You can correct errors in your article with a single click.
Punctuation checker: Proper punctuation is vital for your writing. Even the simplest mistake can cost you a professional image, academic score, and credibility. Punctuation mistakes are not limited to new writers; even experienced ones face this issue.
Use Ginger’s punctuation checker to remedy your writing.
Pro of Ginger
- The AI translates over 40 languages.
- Its free version includes editing, translation, a dictionary, and a thesaurus.
- Ginger has a personal trainer with the premium version to improve your English.
Cons of Ginger
- Working in the Ginger Writer app involves multiple steps
- The free version provides minimal feedback on errors.
- It is not compatible with Google Docs and Mac OS.
Ginger pricing plan
The good news is that it has a cheaper pricing plan, as shown below.
ProWritingAid resembles Grammarly in many ways. It offers spelling, tone, grammar, sentence structure, and plagiarism suggestions.
You can integrate it with other writing tools such as Word, Scrivener, and Google Docs. However, the free version allows you to analyze up to 500 words simultaneously.
Features of ProWritingAid
Improved writing style- ProWritingAid allows you to write faster. It improves your readability and spelling as you write. With this feature, you can identify passive voice, unnecessary adverbs, and repetitive adverbs.
Grammar checker: ProWritingAid identifies misuse of punctuation marks, fragmented sentences, and incorrect tenses.
Cliché and overused words: This tool can recognize and underline redundancies and overused phrases in an article. This way, you can fix them and improve the flow of your writing.
Plagiarism checker: The premium version allows you to check your plagiarism score, pointing out any plagiarized sentences for you to correct.
Tone checker: ProWriting tool evaluates the tone of your writing and grades it.
Sentence length checker: With this feature, you can tweak your style and improve your writing skills.
Pros of ProWritingAid
- ProWritingAid offers a detailed analysis of your writing, including grammar and style suggestions, sentence structure checks, vocabulary enhancement suggestions, and more.
- The software is user-friendly and easy to navigate, with a simple interface that makes it easy to identify and address writing issues.
- ProWritingAid allows you to customize its features to your specific needs so that you can focus on the most important writing areas.
- ProWritingAid integrates with different writing tools such as Microsoft Word, Google Docs, and Scrivener, making it a convenient and integrated part of your writing process.
Cons of ProWritingAid
- While ProWritingAid offers grammar checks, it’s less comprehensive than a dedicated grammar-checking tool like Grammarly.
- Some users have reported that the feedback provided by ProWritingAid can be inconsistent or inaccurate, which can be frustrating and detract from the overall value of the software.
- Some users have reported technical difficulties with the software, such as slow loading times or difficulty integrating with other writing tools.
ProWritingAid pricing plan
This grammar checker tool is relatively cheaper, as indicated in the pricing plan below.
If you are looking for a paraphrasing tool, QuillBot is your go-to AI writing tool. QuillBot uses machine learning Algorithms and natural language processing techniques to identify errors in writing and provide suggestions for improvement.
And since it helps with vocabulary, style, and tone, you can use QuillBot for:
- Academic writing
- Business writing
- Creative writing.
Features of QuillBot
Grammar Correction: With advanced natural language processing algorithms, QuillBot can quickly identify and correct grammar errors.
Paraphrase: QuillBot offers alternative phrasing suggestions to help you improve clarity.
Context-aware Suggestions: This software provides suggestions relevant to the writer’s intent.
Plagiarism Detection: You can check for plagiarism and edit to avoid content duplication.
Pros of QuillBot
- Its alternative phrasing and grammar corrections suggestion helps improve your writing.
- It saves time for proofreading and editing through its real-time correction.
- You can customize it to suit your individual writing styles and preferences.
Cons of QuillBot
- It offers limited accuracy because it can make mistakes and overlook specific errors.
- It is primarily designed to provide suggestions for grammar and phrasing, thus ineffective for other aspects of writing such as sentence structure, organization, and content development.
QuillBot’s pricing plan
The free plan offers a paraphrase limit of 125 words, a moderate processing speed, and a summarizer limit of 2500 words.
But if you want to experience all benefits of this Ai writing assistant, you can move to a premium plan as follows:
- Annual- $99.95
- Semi-annual- $79.95
6- After the Deadline
After the Deadline is a language checker and writing assistant tool that helps writers improve their writing, it allows you to check for grammar, spelling, and style errors.
It is a straightforward tool that suits any writer regardless of their writing experience or skill level. You can copy your article and paste it into the interface to identify and correct the errors.
Features of After the Deadline
Grammar and Spelling Checks: You check your writing for grammar and spelling errors, helping you to catch and correct mistakes before publishing your work.
Style Checks: The software also checks for style issues, such as repetitive phrases, passive voice, and complex sentences, and provides suggestions for improvement.
Contextual Thesaurus: After the Deadline includes a contextual thesaurus that suggests alternative words and phrases, helping you to improve your writing and avoid clichés.
Easy to use: The software is designed to make it easy for anyone to use, regardless of their writing experience or skill level.
Pros of After the Deadline
- No budget, no worries, After the Deadline is a free tool accessible to all users.
- You can integrate it with popular tools such as WordPress, Google Docs, and other web-based platforms, hence convenient.
- You can customize the software to suit your specific needs, including adjusting the level of strictness for grammar and style checks.
- After the Deadline is a straightforward tool you can use regardless of your writing experience.
Cons of After the Deadline
- After the Deadline is less comprehensive than a dedicated grammar-checking tool like Grammarly.
- Its feedback can be inconsistent or inaccurate, which can frustrate you and detract from the overall value of the software.
- Its style checks are less in-depth than those offered ProWritingAid.
WhiteSmoke is another grammar checker tool that highlights and corrects spelling, grammar, punctuation, and style mistakes.
However, it doesn’t have a free version. You can use the paid web browser version to access its grammar and plagiarism checker and translator.
Features of WhiteSmoke
Grammar and Spell Checker: WhiteSmoke checks your text for grammar and spelling mistakes and provides correction suggestions.
Punctuation Checker: With this software, you can identify punctuation errors and correct them.
Style Checker: WhiteSmoke checks your article’s inconsistency in style and offers improvement suggestions.
Translation: This writing assistant can translate text into multiple languages, making it a useful tool for international communication.
Pros of WhiteSmoke
- Its advanced algorithms can help you improve your overall writing quality.
- It has a user-friendly interface, accessible to people with different writing skills.
- You can integrate it with Microsoft Office, making it easy to use with Word and PowerPoint.
- It has an automated translator service for over 50 languages.
Cons of WhiteSmoke
The free version allows you to check up to 250 characters.
- It has limited accuracy and can make inappropriate suggestions.
- It only allows for an annual subscription.
The web version costs $5 monthly but is billed $59.95 annually.
The premium version costs $6.66 per month but is billed $79.95 annually.
8- Language Tool
As the name suggests, this software helps you proofread and fix grammar mistakes in over 20 languages.
You can use it with Chrome or Firefox to check your writing on the web. Alternatively, you can use it as an add-on for LibreOffice, Google Docs, and Microsoft Word (premium).
Features of Language Tools
Grammar and Spell Checking: LanguageTools identifies grammar and spelling mistakes and provides correction suggestions.
Style Checking: The software helps you correct inconsistencies in your style.
Contextual Spell Checking: LanguageTools uses context to recognize incorrectly spelled words and provide suggestions for correction.
Translation: This software supports translation into over 25 languages, thus suitable for international communication.
Pros of Language Tool
- It supports multiple languages, including English, Russian, French, and Spanish.
- You can customize its dictionary.
- Since it is open-source software, it is free.
- Numerous contributors make it functional and updated.
Cons of LanguageTool
- Its simplicity means it lacks other features found in other tools.
- You can only perform up to 3,400 words; check for a free version
- It doesn’t offer commercial support.
Jetpack is an excellent plugin for content management systems if you have a WordPress website. It is embarrassing to publish a blog post with grammatical and spelling errors on your site.
Use this plugin to edit the text in WordPress. You can even turn on and off some proofreading functions.
It also supports languages like Spanish, German, French, and Portuguese.
Features of JetPack
Site Stats: To track performance, it provides detailed statistics for your site, such as page views, search engine terms, and traffic sources.
Security: This software protects your web texts from spam, malware, and brute force attack.
Contextual suggestion: This checker offers recommendations based on the context of the text, thus making it easier to choose the proper correction.
Error highlighter: Jetpack highlights grammar and spelling mistakes in red, allowing you to see and fix them.
Pros of Jetpack
- Jetpack provides real-time suggestions and corrections, thus improving the content on your website.
- It offers suggestions based on the context of the text.
- Since it highlights mistakes in red, no error escapes your notice.
- Its integration with WordPress makes it convenient for website owners.
Cons of Jetpack
- It may not always provide accurate suggestions or catch all errors.
- It is a paid plugin and may not be the cost-effective option for website owners looking for a grammar and spelling checker.
What to read next:
- 9 Unique Ways to Do Keyword Research Without Tools.
- How To Consistently Blog With a Draining Job? (With 9 helpful tips)
- How Long Should a Blog Be to Rank on Google?
- Can a Blog Have More Than One Niche? (Yes! and here’s how!)
While you can choose different grammar checker tools to furnish your writing, Grammarly stands out because of its reputation. It is easy to use and integrates with multiple platforms.
The free version provides you with features such as punctuation and spelling checkers; however, if you need more from it, you are good with premium plans.
If your writing requires translation, look for other options.