When you think of a blogger or blogging, what do you imagine? Do you imagine someone sitting in front of a laptop for hours, researching and writing content? Many people think that way.
However, blogging has evolved over the years; now, you can blog with your smartphone. But how can you start and run a blog with any android phone? This article provides you with 5 platforms that can help you create a smartphone blog.
Whether you want to make money through personal blogs or just blogging for fun, your mobile phone can help you do this on the go.
Before considering your mobile phone blogging options, let’s discuss why people use their android or iPhone for blogging.
Why Would People Use Their Smartphone To Start And Run a Blog?
Smartphones are mini-computers that can help you accomplish what you normally do with a computer. Mobile phone blog is also ideal for bloggers who want to blog consistently with a draining job. You can collect good blogging topics, write, and post articles during your break.
You could also have good blogging ideas without a laptop or desktop. Do you bury the idea until you buy a laptop? A smartphone is enough to get you started on your blogging journey.
Smartphone blogging is also convenient because you carry your phone wherever you go. In addition, some powerful smartphones can allow you to research, write, edit, and embed photos and videos to your blog post for better reader engagement.
Now let’s see how you can start and run your blog with any android phone or iPhone.
Ways To Blog Using Your Phone
Whether you are looking for ways to blog with your phone as a beginner or an established blogger, I believe you will love these seven mobile blogging tools.
1- Google Blogger
Google blogger is one of the best free blogging platforms to start your blogging journey. With over 20 years of experience, blogger offers you a low-risk way to share your ideas with the world.
Blogger mobile app gives you essential blogging features, customization options, and templates to help your blog using your phone. And unlike most free blogging sites, it allows you to make money through ads.
Blogger allows you to do the following:
- Create and publish new blogs
- Save your post and finish whenever you are free.
- Share a link to your post.
- Switch between your blogs and accounts.
- Seek help from Blogger Help Center.
But how can you use Google Blogger to start blogging?
- On your iPhone or Android phone, open the Blogger app.
- You may be required to sign in to your Google Account
- Go to the bottom right and click Create a post
- You can enter your preferred blog title and begin drafting the body (the app allows you to italicize, bold, underline words and even add photos).
- If you want to update your blog, tap on the top right and tap update
- When you are done editing, tap Publish in the top right corner.
WordPress is probably one of the most popular blogging platforms, hosting over 39% of blog sites. You can use WordPress Mobile with a plugin enabling a mobile interface for visitors coming to your site through mobile devices.
WordPress is highly flexible and customizable, with a huge online community to help you blog on your phone.
Although bloggers with android phones can still use WordPress for blogging, it favors iPhone and iPod users supported by version 3.0.
What can you do with WordPress Mobile Edition?
Here are blogging things you can do with WordPress from your phone:
- Create and build a blog website from your fingertips
- Write and edit blog pages
- Upload photos and embed videos
- Reply to comments on your posts
- View your blog statistics, including subscribers, monthly views, and the countries your audiences come from.
- Publish your blog posts from anywhere.
- Utilize SEO and SMO to increase your visibility.
How do you create WordPress posts from your smartphone?
- Download the WordPress app on your phone from the Play Store
- Open the App and press login.
- You will enter your site’s address if you have one; otherwise, you can log in to your WordPress.org account.
- Follow the prompts, enter your Username and Password, and press continue.
- Once you have logged in to the app on your mobile phone, you can start creating and publishing content wherever you are.
- Create your blog headline and add start typing the body.
- You can add images to your content by pressing the ‘+’ button on the page.
- You can also import images from other sites.
- After editing and proofreading your content, press ‘Publish Now.’
WordPress continues to upgrade its mobile apps. Before you publish your blog, you can add categories and tags using the app’s post editor.
Additionally, you can edit your post slug (part of the URL after the .com, .org, .blog, or .net), especially if your title is very long.
Squarespace also offers mobile blog options for bloggers who want to write and post content on the go. It is a popular website builder app with beautiful designs, perfect for creating an amazing revenue-generating website.
You can set up your email address within your journal page and use it to post unique content.
With your smartphone, you can download the Squarespace application and use it to do the following:
- Build a website.
- Write, edit, publish and manage your blog posts.
- Utilize its built-in themes and templates to create a blog post loved by your audience.
- Upload photos from your smartphone to the blog
- Track your blog performance, such as audience engagement, trends, and key metrics, with Google Analytics.
- Add an eCommerce shop to your blog.
- Organize an email campaign that targets your subscribers.
How can you use your smartphone for blogging with Squarespace App?
In the past, it was challenging to post or edit a blog post using Squarespace apps. You could not edit posts with images, do layout work or write in Markdown. However, all that changed when they introduced Squarespace Blog.
Here is how you can use this app.
- Download it from the Play Store for your Android phone or itunes.com for iOS.
- Open the app and log into your account.
- Choose the site you want to edit in the app and explore different tables on the bottom of your phone’s screen on the left side of your iPad.
- The home has suggested actions, recently edited pages, and a traffic overview from analytics.
- Tap pages to see all the pages on your site and focus on the one you want to edit.
- If you have an eCommerce store, tap on the eCommerce button to check your orders and edit inventory.
- When you are done editing, you can log out.
4- Google Docs
If you still use Microsoft word to write your content, here is the news! You are better off with Google docs, especially if you use your smartphone to write blog posts.
Google docs allow you to write, edit, and share your documents with many people. You can also post your content onto your site with ease from this app.
It is ideal when you are running a blog with a friend since both of you can access the document ad edit it.
You do not need an app because once you have signed in to your Google account, you can search for Google docs, and you will automatically access it.
You can do the following on Google docs from your phone:
- Write, copy, paste, edit, and draft your articles
- Share your documents with friends, but control their access rights.
- Make comments or suggestions on the document
- Add photos to the documents
- Track any changes on the document
- Use Google docs offline
Tumblr offers one of the best blogger mobile Apps that allows bloggers to share content on social media. If you want a beginner-friendly way to start blogging with your phone for free, Tumblr is a perfect option.
This app allows you to:
- Create and publish your content, including images and GIFs
- Reblog from people you follow on social media
- Reply to comments on your blog post
- Follow popular hashtags to discover content you love
But how do you create a new blog post on Tumblr App using a phone?
Follow the steps below:
- Tap on the Tumblr app on your smartphone
- Tap on the profile button in the bottom right corner
- Tap on the drop down-down arrow button at the left top corner (this is on the blog name section)
- Go to create new Tumblr from the drop-down menu and select it
- Fill the blank with new content and publish
The Bottom Line
You can see that creating a blog using your phone is easy. If you have the right blog topics and ideas, you don’t have to wait until you sit in front of a laptop; your phone is sufficient.
You can share your passion and interest with the world from your fingertips, wherever you are and at any time.
What are your favorite ways to blog using your phone?