Whether you are starting a new blog or running an established blog for years, you will always want more traffic.
Even blog sites that pull over 400k organic traffic monthly still explore new ways to promote their blogs to garner more traffic. The truth is, you cannot be content with simply blasting emails to your subscriber list. You could do well with more appealing strategies.
If you are scratching your head on new ideas to promote your blog fast, I have you covered with the 9 proven tactics. However, consider something you should do before you promote your blog.
If you wonder how long does it take to make money on a blog, I wrote a whole article sharing tips to earn money faster.
Things To Do Before Promoting Your Blog
The first thing you should do before investing in blog promotion strategies is to establish a pre-plan.
Pre-plan will keep your blogs organized and prepare them for the competitive world. The following tasks fall under pre-planning:
- Perform a technical website audit: To avoid high bounce rates, you want to ensure your website loads quickly without a glitch. Ensure you have a reliable web hosting service.
- Thoroughly research your content: Your content should address your target audience’s pain points. Researching your content will help you use the right tone and keywords to gain more subscribers and leads.
- Fully optimize the content: Ensure your articles are fully optimized for search engines, thus increasing your business’s discoverability. You achieve optimization by distributing high-ranking keywords in your blog posts.
- Test the social media button: Since one of the ways to promote your blog is social media, it is only natural that you test its sharing buttons to allow your readers to share your content with ease.
- Set up Google Analytics tracking tool: It will be easier to promote your blog if you know how your target audience interacts with it. Google Analytics will help you know customers who resonate with your content and those who don’t, thus helping create an effective campaign.
You might also enjoy reading: 9 Unique Ways to Do Keyword Research Without Tools.
Best Strategies To Promote Your Blog
Building the right blog promotion tactics will help nurture customer relationships and grow your brand.
Consider some of these tips that I have found useful
1- Leverage Podcast
Podcasts have become popular recently due to their flexibility, with many people listening to them on the go.
People can access podcasts through various platforms such as Google Play, iTunes, and Spotify.
The following facts make podcasts lucrative for promoting your blog:
- Over 44% of the American population listens to podcasts.
- They are highly targeted and cover several niches,
- They have a highly engaged audience.
You can buy podcast ad slots to promote your blog or guest on the show.
Alternatively, you can use sponsored podcasts, where you sell your blog site to the host, and they, in turn, sell your blog to their audience.
However, before you pitch for a podcast slot, research to ascertain that their audience is a good fit for your content.
If you go with guesting on the podcast, you will have to convince the host that your content is worth their audience.
2- Repurpose Your Content
You can spin your old content to repurpose it.
But how do you repurpose your content? You can embed a video, add infographics, or create a podcast from previous content. Another way of repurposing content is by slicing your old content and sharing quotes from these blog posts on your social media pages.
You can use your content to create YouTube videos, allowing you to post regularly and direct traffic to your site.
This method works well because it keeps your audience engaged without creating new content from scratch. It saves time, money, and effort.
Additionally, you can add more interests to appeal to a wider audience.
If you have day job and looking for ways consistently blog with a draining job, I encourage you to read this article.
3- Speak at Workshops And Events
Although your blogs are digital, you can still promote them in person. You can request speaking assignments in virtual or in-person conferences and workshops. This will open an opportunity to meet with potential new readers.
Your work is to identify events that the potential target audience for your blog will likely attend.
If the attendees think you have worthwhile content from your speech, they may visit your website.
But how can you find these events? Start with social media. You will likely discover relevant events on Slack, Facebook, or LinkedIn groups related to your blogging niche.
4- Republish Your Content On Medium
You may be publishing killer content on your own blog. However, you may not grow your blog fast if you are not expanding your reach by boosting your social media followers or email subscribers.
Investing in social media needs time and creativity. So, how do you extend your reach if you don’t have the time and resources to create promotional content?
Republish your old blog posts on the best free blogging sites like Medium.
Medium has over 60 million unique visitors, providing you with a whole new audience. You can be certain that some of these visitors will check out your other great content.
5- Share Your Blog On Social Media
Using social media to promote your blog is not a new strategy. Many bloggers have been using Facebook and other social platforms for years with great success.
By using social media, I am talking about doing more than sharing a link on Twitter. You can leverage other platforms as well.
Have you tried publishing your content on LinkedIn? With over 875 million users, LinkedIn is a sleeping giant. Most bloggers are yet to take advantage of this social media platform.
That’s a good thing for your blog. You can increase your blog audience by reposting some of your best blogs on the platform.
You do not need to change your post; simply lift it word for word and post it on LinkedIn, then watch your traffic increase.
6- Partner With Micro Or Nano Influencers
Nano influencers are people on social media with a significant following between 100 to 10,000 followers.
Like celebrities, they can promote your blog by sharing your content on social media or featuring your blog on their YouTube video.
However, you should find the right partner to succeed with this method. The nano influencer’s followers should resemble your target audience.
Nano or micro-influencers are an ideal choice, especially those in your niche because they have higher engagement rates.
But how do you find a perfect nano influencer to partner with? You can type relevant hashtags on social media platforms, and the site will pull them out. Alternatively, you can check freelancing sites like Fiverr to find influencers to partner with.
7- Collaborate With Other Bloggers
Fellow bloggers can be your ally rather than the competition. So, why not collaborate and create content that allows you to tap into each other’s readers?
Of course, you may not collaborate with blogs larger than yours. But aiming for blogs with sites like yours can prove useful.
How do you get started on this? You can follow these steps:
- Look for opportunities in your niche: ensure you collaborate with bloggers in the same niche. Begin with people you already have an established relationship and ask them for collaboration.
- Pitch: After identifying the right potential partner, make the best pitch. In the pitch, explain why you want to work with the blogger and highlight the benefits of your collaboration.
- Create content: If they agree to your request, you need to set a time to create and finalize the content. Be open-minded and gracious to your partner; you want to keep them as allies.
- Publish the blog and promote it: You can promote the content on your social media accounts and newsletters while recognizing your partner’s contributions.
You might also enjoy reading: Guest Posting: What it is? And how to get started?
8- Monitor Online Conversations To Identify Promotional Opportunities
People engage on various social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter over many topics related to their niche.
If you follow these conversations, you will likely find numerous opportunities to get into the discussion and subtly promote your blog.
Set up Google alerts where you get notifications whenever you are mentioned in a conversation. Ensure you are kind to others in the discussion and do not shoehorn yourself.
People who feel that their opinion is respected will likely identify with your point and check out your blog.
9- Don’t Ignore Email Marketing
Building an email list is a time-proven promotional tactic; you should not think it is dead. The more subscribers you have, the higher your blog traffic because they are a ready audience.
If you have an old email list, find out new ways to update that list. But if you don’t have one, I recommend building it.
How to build an email list?
- Start by creating awesome content with a catchy subject line to hook your readers.
- Also, write compelling sales letters that draw recipients to your blog.
- Add the “subscribe now” button on your site or include discounts or special deals for those who sign-up.
The Bottom Line
Creating an engaging blog post is important; however, how will your target audience know of its existence if you fail to promote it?
Take advantage of social media, influencers, email marketing, repurposing, republishing on free blogging sites, and collaboration with fellow bloggers in your niche to promote your blog.
Which strategies have you found useful when promoting your blog?
What to read next: